Within this month's Sew magazine you'll find Lisa Steed Davey's fantastic bohemian style accessories which are not only perfect for the festival season but can be made from just a handful of beads and sewing supplies. Now you can create earrings to compliment this stunning jewellery set with these fabulous five minute makes!
- Pearls, in coordinating shades
- Glass beads, silver lined: ovals, two; hearts, two
- Plastic metal beads, antique gold, selection of shapes and sizes
- Czech suncut crystals, selection of sizes in coordinating shades
- Bead caps, small, gold coloured
- Head pins, gold coloured
- Eye pins, gold coloured
- Jump rings, gold coloured: 4mm
- Jewellery making pliers
- Wire cutters
Create a Pair of Oval Earrings
Thread one glass oval bead onto an eye pin. Trim the wire to 1cm above the bead, form a loop in the end using round-nosed pliers, then attach the top loop to an ear wire with a 4mm jump ring.
Thread a bead cap, a pearl and another bead cap onto a head pin. Trim the wire to 1cm above the bead and form a loop in the end with round-nosed pliers.
Create a second beaded pin with a single crystal, then a third pin with a plastic metal bead and a small crystal. Trim each pin to 1cm above the bead and form a loop in the end with round-nosed pliers.
Attach the top loop of each beaded pin to the bottom of the oval eye pin with a 4mm jump ring to finish. Repeat to make a pair.
Make a Pair of Heart Earrings
- Thread one crystal and one olive glass heart bead onto a head pin. Trim the wire to 1cm above the bead, form a loop in the end with round-nosed pliers then attach to an earwire with a 4mm jump ring. Repeat to make a pair.